View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 12:43 PM   #26
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrankin View Post
Thanks for taking the time to post this. I am not seeing my name "Bill R...." in C1 so maybe there was earlier rounds or a qualification round that has that info.

This is only the second time I've attempted this with last year being the first (C2 last year for some reason). Joe B. gave me a ride-along in his ZLE Friday at lunch and provided some really good info that I felt made a huge difference, so I wanted to compare myself against last year. I didn't get a chance to see any times posted because I ran over to do drag racing. I know you were running back and forth all day doing that. That had to be extremely difficult.

Bill
It's definitely tough doing both. The Camarocross team worked with me better this year than before. I wish they could work it out so the finals for drag racing and Camarocross are at different times. I believe more people would come over to watch the Camarocross if that were the case. Last year my wife had to keep running over to the staging lanes to keep them from from running my drag race class until I could make it over. The year before, I had to forfeit the Camarocross finals because I was in the drag race finals as well and was told I had to choose one or the other.

The best advice I ever received for Autocross is don't just focus on the next turn, look ahead on the track. Some day I would like to have a coach ride with me. Especially if I do some road course events.
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote