View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #90
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Are those 18" wheels with a 60 tire profile? From my perspective, the front looks like a Camaro, but the side and 3/4 view seem reminiscent of some of our Italian high-end counterparts. Is that intentional?
You know, I was so excited about being able to actually make the wheels I didn't pay attention to the tire profile. The rims are 20". I'll reduce the tire profile.

There is a bit of Italian flavor in the side which influences the back perspective views. Car designers from everywhere have been using low-slung wedge designs for the last 50 years so it's virtually impossible to design something that doesn't look similar to something someone somewhere has done before.

I specifically set about increasing the driver visibility which more or less led me to the shape you see. I also wanted sides that covered the wheels so the body would be a complete shape without requiring add-ons. That led to the side shape. I'm not the first designer with those goals so you see a familiarity to other designs, including Italian designers who've been pursuing those goals for decades.

In order to evolve the Camaro design, changes have to be made; there's no way around that. I didn't like the 2014 refresh look so I created this style to be a high-powered, sleek, muscular road GT. Taken as a whole I think this still looks like a Camaro without looking trendy, gimmicky, or from overseas; yet it would hold its own style-wise against other car designs.

I know not everyone will like this; the younger crowd seems to want a Batman movie/comic book style car, but I believe my design would appeal to the majority of the Camaro customer base including people who've not been Camaro customers before. It's just a concept but I would love to have a real one. I'm going to do renders in other colors so it won't just be in "Italian" red.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote