View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 06:52 PM   #30
7stringtheory

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ127 View Post
I appreciate Al taking the time to answer but this is the most complex “you’re shit out of luck” response I have ever seen. To be honest I have to give the camaro team HUGE credit for this issue. Whether it was intentional or not it is actually a GENIUS move by Chevy. Build the system to overly protect itself and limit the driver to save on warranty repair costs. Knowing most enthusiasts will do anything to get rid of this bogging/nanny BS by tuning which will then void their warranties and also save their warranty repair costs on those cars. Bravo Chevy, Well played!!!
I agree with you that its a smart move by Chevy, but the issue i (and i think most people) have is that chevy advertises quarter mile times that are just impossible to achieve without voiding the warranty on the car. They want to have their cake and eat it too. Its fine of they want to limit drivers to protect driveline components to save on warranty work but that needs to be reflected in the times they advertise. Instead of just flat out lying to everyone about it.
7stringtheory is offline   Reply With Quote