View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 05:22 PM   #29
DJ127

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
Let me translate AL speak for you guys.

You are stuck with the BOG, Rumor that the 18's getting different software was just BS, We only entertained Travis by putting a box in his car, We knew exactly what his car was doing before we even installed the recorder.

There is a weak link somewhere in the tranny-driveshaft-rearend. ( I'm not allowed to tell you what it is or I will lose my job).
Remember when we released actual 1/4 runs with the 5th gen ZL1? Yeah well, We have videos of the 6th gen ZL1 1/4 runs but we are ashamed to release them.

You will NEVER get a sub 2.0 0-60 so don't bother trying. The imaginary BOG is there on purpose. NEXT QUESTION!!
I appreciate Al taking the time to answer but this is the most complex “you’re shit out of luck” response I have ever seen. To be honest I have to give the camaro team HUGE credit for this issue. Whether it was intentional or not it is actually a GENIUS move by Chevy. Build the system to overly protect itself and limit the driver to save on warranty repair costs. Knowing most enthusiasts will do anything to get rid of this bogging/nanny BS by tuning which will then void their warranties and also save their warranty repair costs on those cars. Bravo Chevy, Well played!!!
DJ127 is offline   Reply With Quote