View Single Post
Old 02-19-2022, 02:35 PM   #5
chargerjake

Drives: 2017 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSgtSS1LE View Post
The duct temperature sensors (22801046) are installed in the air distribution ducts and measure the temperature of the air that streams from the ducts. The HVAC control module uses these values to adjust the mixed air door position according to the requested temperature.

RPO CJ2 dual climate systems have two of them located behind the Radio Control Assembly and the other two are located under the dash up stream of the floor outlets.

RPO C68 single climate systems have one of them located behind the Radio Control Assembly and the other one is located under the dash on the left side up stream of the driver side floor outlet.

You will need a quality ODB2 scan tool and not a code reader to determine which sensor is not reading the correct temperature prior to replacement. They are a pain to remove if you do not have a forked pry tool and be careful not to drop the upper sensor inside the dash.
That info is incredible! Thank you for providing that. I'm going to investigate those sensors. Do you have any specific recommendation for an OBD2 scan tool? I have a cheap one from Walmart but I'm going to assume that would be classified as a code reader and not a scanner, considering I can't find any interior temperature sensors on it.
chargerjake is offline   Reply With Quote