View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 12:49 PM   #35
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
I finally found a shop that was able to take my SS without having to wait until March and they work with the at-fault parties insurers… …I booked the appointment out 2 weeks ago and brought it in. After filling out the paper work and dropping it off I was debating on Ubering home or calling the insurer and getting a rental…

The shop was in Round Rock which would have been a decent distance to Uber… I initially declined the rental but for convenience sakes and the fact I wouldn’t have to come out of pocket I called the insurer back and they got Enterprise to come out and pick me up within 15 minutes. So I got there and they told me that the insurer covers a mid-sized vehicle but they were out of those so they would step me a level up to a family sized vehicle … but they did have a Chevy Camaro for $5 a day… I was tempted but the whole reason of going the rental route was because I wanted to be cheap and not pay for an Uber to and from (as I will eventually have to take it back to the shop as well) and I declined… …well they went outside and looked and they were out of family sized vehicles as well (dang rental shortages) … and they told me they would adjust the Camaro’s rate so it would fall in line with the insurance coverage and gave it to me for nothing…

I went outside and it was a red Camaro V6 (ironically the car I was driving before I got my SS, just a newer year) and it also was from Georgia (where I lived when I got my SS) .. I found that so ironic…

…As a thank you, I declined all of their addons such as additional insurance, roadside protection, and everything else my regular insurance policy already covers just to make sure their non-paying customer totally got over on them ….

Was a great way to start off the week
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote