View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 09:37 AM   #33
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
I had this happen with Liberty Mutual. They were beating USAA for a while, and had great rates! I actually really enjoyed them.

The moment I had a major change to my policy (moved across the country for the military), I called in for what I thought would be a simple change to my policy and a likely decrease in my rates. I was paying ~$2000/year with good coverage and a low deductible on my 2019 3500 dually.

She literally asked if I was sitting down before she told me what my new rate would be, and if I was drinking I'd have spit it out: $12000 a year.

I laughed, thinking it was a joke (we'd had a good rapport during the conversation). Nope - she was not.

I dropped them like a bad habit and went back to USAA.
From my understanding, it seems that insurance is now ‘subsidized’, meaning you’re paying for the accident rate of an area that a particular insurance company has to pay for and not your particular driving habits, meaning if you have a good driving record but a lot of people in the area you live in are filing claims, you will be charged more regardless of your driving habits.

I’m with GEICO and the at-fault party is with USAA. I haven’t had any issues dealing with their insurance so far… …but I am having issues finding a body shop that isn’t booked for 3+ months.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote