View Single Post
Old 12-28-2021, 07:23 PM   #1
CCrowder

Drives: 2010 RS Camaro
2010 Camaro RS 6L50 Transmission 2nd gear - HELP!!!

Purchased a 2010 Camaro RS for my daughter's first car about 2 1/2 months ago. V6 with a 6L50 auto transmission. 101000 miles on it. Drove it 150 miles home the night we purchased it and have put another 2000 miles on the car since. We have had no issues. I have asked my daughter several times if she has heard any weird noises or felt anything weird with it shifting - she said no.

She came into town to a stop light and notice it shudder a little as she was slowing down to stop. Then she said she went to take off and it wouldn't go. She pulled off the road and called me. Since then, I have found that when you have the car in "D" from a dead stop and press the gas, the car starts to move then it seems when it goes to shift into 2nd the motor just revs. However,....If I put the car into "M" and use the paddle shifters I can use every gear with no issues.

I have dropped the pan, changed the fluid and filter. -knowing that that would probably not make a difference. The fluid was not low and the trans fluid was not really bad, but I guess it could have been changed at the dealer. 2 very small slivers of metal - about the size of an eyelash hair (maybe a little shorter).

The check engine light is not on.

Any recommendations or suggestions?

Thank you for your time!
CCrowder is offline   Reply With Quote