View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 06:05 AM   #4
Jonster

Drives: 18 2SS Vert Hotwheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
You're either a convertible person or you're not.

Wife has DD'd her Solara since she bought it 15 years ago. I don't daily my Camaro, but it's noticeably quieter than the Solara as long as I'm not heavy with the loud pedal with the exhaust valves open. In Tour even the Z it's a purring kitten and quieter all around vs. the Solara. Much easier to have a highway speed top-down conversation in the Camaro.

If noise is an issue...
If the occasional drip from the top during a rain is an issue...
If wind noise at highway speeds is an issue ...
If shit rear visibility with the top up is an issue...
...then you're not a convertible person.

If you're a convertible person, none of the above matters. Kinda like driving a 2 door sportscar doesn't matter in the modern SUV world. With the vert it's all about the sun, the breeze, and the roar of the engine above it all.
This.

I love my Camaro and daily drive it, but it is anything but quiet compared to hard top vehicles. It doesn’t bother me because I’ll put that bad boy down the moment I can every time. If you’re looking for something that can always be down when possible, but has an option for use when not ideal (cold, rain, etc), then go for it. If what you’re looking for is the quiet of a hard top, but the luxury of open top when wanted, you’re better off with a sun roof or not using your Camaro to daily.