View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 06:18 AM   #29
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Of course its going to be more expensive than a Silverado. Its a freakin' Hummer. They were NEVER cheap. I'm 99% sure that the H1 was the first vehicle GM ever sold in the 6 figures (though some Cadillacs in the old days might have been up there, once you adjust for inflation). The H2 cost about as much as an Escalade, if not more. The H3 was around 50% more expensive than a Trailblazer or Colorado. They have never been affordable vehicles for the masses. So I don't know why anybody would expect the new ones to be anything different. Yes, the new electric Hummers will be expensive ... but new gasoline powered Hummers would be expensive too. As would diesel or CNG or hydrogen or whatever else.

That high price point is almost certainly the reason why GM made the decision to revamp it as an EV brand: so that they can actually make money off of an electric vehicle for once. (Cadillac ELR doesn't count, it was a hybrid like the Volt ... and it still might have been a net loss anyway given that it sold in abysmally small numbers)
Yea, I guess if it comes in at twice the price of a Silverado LT or Sierra SLE, so be it. As I said, they will obviously be priced much higher than these mid-level trucks, but will GM be able to move enough volume to justify the Hummer? I'm hoping that it works out.

Now all we need is more charging stations and also more stations that don't rely on gasoline or diesel.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote