View Single Post
Old 05-28-2023, 12:58 PM   #15
2004YZFR1

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialPurpose_1LE View Post
Looking for your guys' recommendations on what performance driving schools I should take a look at. I've been wanting to participate in track days but many of them require previous track day experience or performance driving school experience. I'm located in Las Vegas, so school recommendations in the Western US would be preferred. So far I've looked at the following:

Cadillac V-Performance Academy (Pahrump, NV - Spring Valley Raceway)
BMW M-Performance School (Thermal, CA - Thermal Club)
Fast Lane Race School (Rosamond, CA - Willow Springs International Raceway)

Have any of you participated in these, and if so, how would you rate your experience? Individuals that have participated in other performance driving schools, how was your experience and would you recommend them?

As far as my driving experience goes (not sure if it matters?) I only have a few auto-x's in the 1LE under my belt. In years past I had a lot of driving time in the off-road racing environment (desert racing), but of course not much of those driving techniques transfer to pavement racing aside from car control. Thanks guys!
I live in Vegas also, you should go to one of the POCA events out at Spring Mountain. It’s a great facility with really good instructors. They will give you class room training. And then out to the wet skid pad for in your car training. And then give you an instructor to ride with you and coach you all weekend. It’s a first class event. I think the 2 day event with class room training and the instructor is about $550. And they have a brand new amazing track we run on now. I’ve been to 5 or 6 events there and have always had a great time. You just need to do a basic car tech check. And have all cotton pants an all cotton long sleeve shirt and a helmet with a current dot cert. The next event in in October. You will have a great weekend.
2004YZFR1 is offline   Reply With Quote