View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 07:52 PM   #26

Drives: Camaro
My guess is intercooler also because I would guess I'm working that pretty hard as I stay full throttle for 99% of the 20+ minute run. I did add hood louvers so my airflow across the radiators is increased a bunch over the stock configuration. I'm taking off the muffler/silencer on the turbo inlet because a friend that does turbochargers says those are bad at causing depression at the front of the turbo, and I've seen that hurt some of the V8 stuff I do in my day job. I'm also adding a transmission cooler as that was 278F at the end of the first 59 mile run. I attached a picture in the canyons on the morning run.

Kurt
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedonBlackRS View Post
A decent tune will cost less than most bolt-ons.
OP does have a point with the computer working to account for altitude by increasing boost. The problem comes with the intercooler. The turbo can be turned up to cram more of that thin air into the engine, but can't do squat about the air crossing the intercooler. That charge air isn't being cooled properly at altitude to truly match the power at sea level.
If OP is absolutely against a tune to recoup the lost power at altitude, an upgraded intercooler will be the best bolt-on to help him out.
Attached Images

427 is offline   Reply With Quote