View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 12:03 PM   #60
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
I wasn't naysaying you, I agreed with you initially and you took it the wrong way in classic form.
Most dyno operators won't pull a car more then 3-400rpm past peak for whatever reason. The Dyno operator seen the 6100rpm peak and the power start to slightly taper off by 6400rpm and let out. Likely because it's not their car and if the OP was there and requested it, then perhaps he would of run it out.
You think a dyno guy can pull and determine when the engine makes peak and shut off with-in fractions of a second? LOL that is funny. The guy had just shut off too soon period, he monitored NOTHING other than RPM. He did not "see 6100 rpm peak". I personally have run many cars on a dyno.. how many have you run? Right... thought so.

Quote:
Then you started throwing out insults and bring racing dynos into the conversation.
As you were insistent the the runs were OK and already showed peak HP... yawn.. the run was not OK and left a good bit of the powercurve off the table. But I do agree for dyno racers it was fine.

Quote:
My intial post had nothing to due with what RPM the engine should be shifted at the track.
Agree, it was your typical off the cuff naysayer... but please continue.

Quote:
Again I was explaining why the Dyno operator didn't pull any higher.
Cause he messed up... nuff said.

Quote:
The best way to figure out what rpm the engine wants to be shifted at is by trying different RPM at the track or street and see what yields the best results. General rule of thumb is 4-500rpm past peak power but again that is just rule of thumb.
Depended on how flat the peak is, this car is pretty flat (1%) with a few HP from 6100 to 6450 RPM, and who knows how flat it would be till 7000 RPM? I posted another near identical Vette setup that shows power near flat from 6000 to 7000 rpm. Your making like this is a VTEC Integra that really does have a "peak" HP. I'm 100% sure the car should be shifted at the max RPM the OP is comfortable with on the stock short block. There is 90 HP difference in the next gear 6700 rpm shift vs 7200 shift. So you can toss around your fictional 6100 rpm peak and general run of thumb, all you want. Clearly the engine makes WAY more HP in the next gear when it is shifted at the highest RPM the OP is comfortable with on the stock short block.

Quote:
Again I don't race dynos...when I make changes I go out to a local spot and log some pulls and verify gains or losses with my performance page. I am pulling 6.8 0-100 on the street. What do you have on that since I apparently have no clue?
Me? I just mused that a large cam dyno where the operator could have lifted as early as 6350, should have been run longer.

Yawn, sorry I passed the bolt-on a supercharger stage years ago.

Quote:

For some reason you can not maintain composure in any form of debate and you start moving the goal post when somebody makes a valid point. Then you feel the need to keep piling on more useless rants. I see you edited your last post again. Perhaps you need to let it go.
No "goal post" were moved. You basically are wrong once again... nothing new.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.

Last edited by oldman; 03-25-2020 at 01:11 PM.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote