View Single Post
Old 11-04-2020, 01:49 PM   #32
davidwarren

Drives: 2019 SS 1LE
Hi!
Former e90 335i track car driver and prior BMW CCA president in KY. The SS 1LE was the first non-BMW I have bought in 20 years. I bought it after I popped the block in the n54.

At least in the mid-west where I am, I am not seeing any M2s of any flavor passing me. I was seriously looking at the M2 as well. But since I was looking for just a track day toy, the performance per dollar factor of the SS 1LE is unbeatable. I have a 6erGC for a DD.

Off the showroom floor, the SS 1LE was about 8 seconds faster around NCM than my e90. The same e90 I had spent tens of thousands on to make it trackable.

I have Vorslag camber plates as the only modification since the spindle camber adjustment is not the easiest and requires a bit of grinding to max out. Other than that, I run Hawk DTC70/60 or 60/60 pads and have a set of 19x11 apex wheels for the track. I also have Ti shims for the front pads and the SS brake cooling deflectors. No cooling mods, no power mods, no problem.....

One caveat, last month at Road America, I blew my engine on track. No idea what happened, plenty of oil, no warning, nothing out of the ordinary.

I tow it to a local dealer and tell them what happened.... Currently getting an engine replaced under warranty. The track warranty is the real deal!

edit- to answer your question, tires, pads and gas have a higher burn rate than my e90 due to weight and speed.
davidwarren is offline   Reply With Quote