View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 02:24 PM   #16
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Really hoping for a stout 330+ HP 280 - 290 + TQ V6 with cylinder deactivation. If I can enjoy my modded V6 in a heavy 3,700+ car, I think a good performing V6 with a performance package in a 3,500 lb car sounds pretty dang sweet.
I hear ya. I'm still on the fence about this car (and, like pretty much everyone, waiting for the final design & specs to be revealed), but if I do buy this car, I'll probably go with the V6. The V6 in my Malibu is, of course, the non-DI ancestor of the LFX, and I like the engine.

A while ago, I was worried to some extent about what GM would do with the non-V8 versions of the Camaro. I was thinking, how can they sell an Alpha Camaro with the same powertrains as a built-at-the same-factory-Alpha ATS for $10-$12K less? Sure, I know that Cadillac is going after a different buyer, and there are differences in interior materials and all that, but still, something's gotta give, right? Lately, though, I've come to believe that it's not going to be an issue at all. Sales of the ATS & CTS are pretty anemic as it is right now (and it's hard to imagine them dropping much lower), so no one at GM will credibly be able to claim that the existence of a cut-rate Alpha vehicle in the form of a Camaro is in any way a problem for the company. In fact, and I've said this before, with low ATS & CTS sales, the Lansing factory needs a hit product. And that is positive in terms of ensuring that GM does right by the Camaro.
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote