View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 03:39 PM   #7
Deesiel678

Drives: 2018 1LS 1LE
One thing that doesn't get mentioned in reviews is the sustainability of the car while on track, instead everyone focuses on driving impressions and lap times. I know of a few people that track Civic Type R's; the issue that many of them have is overheating. The people that I know of that track often had to replace the OEM radiator with an aftermarket unit in order to sustain an entire 20min session running 8-10/10s without overheating. The V6 1LE, with its 6 heat exchangers (HD radiator, 2x aux radiators, transmission cooler, liquid-to-liquid diff and engine oil coolers) does not seem to have this issue. MAYBE if its a very hot day you may have issues but not as much as the CTR.
I'd be curious to know how willing Honda would be to address a mechanical issue encountered while tracking the CTR. Would they honor the warranty in such a case? We've already seen several examples of Chevrolet warrantying 1LE cars that have been used on track (the caveat is that they must remain stock).
The Camaro also has more camber adjustment in the stock suspension, making better use of the tires. You can fit wider tires on the Camaro as well. Mod for mod, the CTR will be faster though.

Last edited by Deesiel678; 09-28-2019 at 10:53 AM.
Deesiel678 is offline   Reply With Quote