View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 07:31 AM   #6
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonCarver View Post
I see that people are running 10.5+ wheels and have to run spacers and/or minor grinding...

I am wanting to know if anyone has experience with a 19x10 and 305's having clearance issues.

The more I research I might just go with 285/40/19. Apparently its a porsche spec'd tire that has tread width of 11.2!!! and 28" diameter
The issue with your proposed setup that in the original post that I'm trying to illustrate isn't the tire, it's the wheel. That's the reason some for using spacers or grinding the strut.

You're using a slightly different wheel than mine sure, but the math still works to show that you'll have risk of contact between the wheel and the strut depending on what you have for alignment and how you're driving the car. For instance, if you try to put an EC7 19x10 et25 on the front with no spacer or grinding, track alignment, and sustain any type of lat while driving, it's going to hit the strut.

If you know what alignment (specifically camber) specs you're going to use and what type of driving you're planning on doing I can give you a better idea if you'll be at risk of contact or not.