View Single Post
Old 10-07-2023, 10:53 PM   #109
cengell

Drives: 2017 2LT Garnet Red
Well better than never to the party, well my 2017 Camaro on the driver side broke and today took that top cover off and saw the spring clamp part was broke and that caused the sound I herd and of course the new GM top cover has 3 clips and like others see a few drilling a slot and if that fails I am thinking ordering a new "2016-2023 CHEVY CAMARO REAR LEFT SIDE QUARTER WINDOW REGULATOR W/ MOTOR" and instead of removing and not sure how hard that would be and so far found no video on how to remove those quarter windows regulators, anyone have a video or step by step guide? I am not going to pay GM that much money for a design defect! With a TSB doc GM should cover this!!

My other idea is remove that top metal part that has the 3 holes/slots and replace it with the 2 holes/slots plate? WHY NOT? I see 5 bolts/nuts to remove and that plate should just come up and off and then put the 3 new plate back on?

Anyone done or tried this? Looks like a loctite has been used at least on the top 2 nuts with a yellow paint, like a DON'T REMOVE WARNING, but from what I see that top plate holds the window/regulator in place and before I remove the 2 top nuts and measure with a digital callper and get say 23mm for the left bolt and 24mm on the right and gust set them for that but from the pics that top plate just tighten until it's tight right?

Any thoughts on just replacing the top plate?

Thanks
Christopher
Attached Images

Last edited by cengell; 10-07-2023 at 11:11 PM. Reason: added pic
cengell is offline   Reply With Quote