View Single Post
Old 12-21-2022, 09:33 AM   #5
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Like the above poster said not all Maaco's are the same. It really depends on the person doing the job. That being said I’ve found that recent Maaco prices are actually not much (or any) cheaper than having it done at an independent body shop.

My advice is get quotes from multiple places. Also look at reviews HOWEVER try to spot reviews from people with sports cars/car guys. People who get into accidents that aren’t car guys or gals can’t really tell the difference between a good or bad paint job. Most reviews you’ll see for shops are reviews from people getting their cars fixed after an accident who aren’t car people so you’ll have to go through all the reviews of the shops you are looking at.

One other thing, you mentioned this is for a bumper. BEFORE getting the work done look at your car hard from multiple angles. You’ll notice that the bumper and the fenders aren’t actually a perfect match. The reason I’m bringing this up is because you’re specifically going to look for this after the job gets done and then when you discover they aren’t perfectly matching you’ll be upset when in reality they already aren’t matching perfectly. This is very noticeable on specific metallic colors like gray, silver and blue on Camaros.

Last edited by m6-lt1; 12-21-2022 at 10:06 AM.
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote