View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 11:29 AM   #24
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecchi667 View Post
I presume the 1LE has cruise control? My manual 2SS does. It makes all the difference. With one passenger, self-ported TB, Roto-Fab oiled filter, and Vitesse TC set to SP5, my best run is 29.5 mpg on the way back from Atlanta at around 70mph cruise. My mostly-highway 30+ mile commute used to get an average of around 25mpg with some spirit thrown in. My new, 5 - 10 mile commute on mixed roads gets 16 - 20 mpg, dependent on traffic.

Using cruise control I've managed to get 450 miles out of a single tank of 93 and still made it to the gas station with a little left. That was running from Columbia, SC to New Smyrna, Florida, and then some... so pretty flat roads, but averaging 80mph or so, and 26 mpg.

Anyway, my point is that cruise-control, assuming the 1LE has it, is your friend. There are only two downsides to it - 1. it automatically puts traction control on (safety feature I guess, but annoying all the same) and 2. it doesn't go below 24mph.
If you live in a hilly region, cruise control will kill your fuel mileage. It cannot anticipate a hill so it won't build speed before the hill, and it won't shed any speed climbing the hill.
Two hyper-mile techniques that improve mpg drastically.
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote