View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 07:28 AM   #3
2018ZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10 NFG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimabe View Post
Guys

Had this under the ZL1 section, but suggested to move here...

Have done look-ups for drag wheel/tire here.
See the Weld 17X10, 7.2 Back Space is a recommendation for drag wheel. Is offset 44mm? This is for Drag racing only. I have an '18 ZL1. Again, looking for rear only rim/tire combo for the occasional drag event. I have a 1/4 mile track not far so would do a few times a year. Also, just got back from 1/2 mile drag so maybe use for this as well. Only issue i was reading is that some of you guys say a drag tire gets squirrely at triple digit speed. Since I get 160 in 1/2 maybe not for this application?...stay with my stock wheel/tires for that?

So, I'm trying to decide get another set of 20" rims for the back and put on a drag radial, or get 17's and drag radial on that. Guessing i'll have more options going the 17" route. Just want to make sure it clears everything...

Thanks
I am interested in this as well, I have a 2018 ZL1 also. I just bought drag only rims, I am cheap so I went with the race star 17x9.5 inch ones with the M/T ET street R radial, 305/45-17 I have read from a couple folks that this will fit! This tire has close to 3 inches more sidewall than the stock good years. My issue is finding a front runner... I am looking at an 18x5 with a M/T 28 inch radial. I read from a couple folks that said to try and keep the height of the rear and front as close as possible, that would be a 28 inch on the front. I dont think these skinny front runners have been put on the front of the Gen6 ZL1's or the folks are keeping it a secret as to what they are doing! I cant seem to get any decent answers...
2018ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote