View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 09:47 AM   #1
enroberts

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS Camaro M6
DSS install and now clunking drivetrain

Hey there. I have a 2010 Camaro SS M6. It's close to 600RWHP. I installed a Monster Clutch LT-1S twin disc installed. I also installed a DSS package that includes a carbon fiber DS, 9"rear, and axles. Full disclosure (not that it matters but I'll say it anyway), I also have solid sub-frame connectors on the car. Here's the issue. When driving the car, pretty much every time I engage and disengage the clutch I get a very noticeable drive train clunk. Sometimes it sounds like its coming from the trans area, other times it sounds like it's coming from the rear area. If I drive slow in maybe 2nd or 3rd gear and engage the clutch quickly (making the car buck and jump a bit as the clutch holds on), the clunking is really loud. I'll run out now and take a video and post a link here. Really, I thought these noises would be non-existent by moving to the DSS components. You'd think everything would be so tight with almost no play, but that's not my experience here. I'm nervous to launch the car for fear that it'll load up and break the DSS pieces. Any ideas?
enroberts is offline   Reply With Quote