Thread: vs 2018 Mustang
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 06:36 AM   #606
Swayse

Drives: GTPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
They sound good when stock. But the drone when you put an aftermarket system on is horrible. I mean unbearable. I did the MBRP Race system on mine and it droned like crazy. I mean, headache levels. And it was a common problem among all the aftermarket exhaust systems. A buddy of mine did an axle-back and then threw the Ford Racing X-pipe on and it was soo bad that he took the X-pipe back off. LOL!! Those engines just drone. And it is especially bad at highway speeds because that is the RPM range where the drone is most pronounced.
I've got catless American Racing Headers and Corsa Extreme exhaust on my mustang, very loud on the outside, no drone at all on the inside. You can hear the exhaust cruising, but it's a nice comforting sound, relaxing. It's not a muscle car sound, at all, more of the higher pitched exhaust, and I think that's the key to the no drone. It fits the car though, near 8,000 rpm shifts sounds really good.
Swayse is offline   Reply With Quote