View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 04:31 PM   #25
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetalmissle View Post
Haven’t people had the TC replaced only for the shudder to return? Maybe they replaced the TC but still used the old fluid?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
I’ve seen people make this complaint here.
Well I can tell you the guys who I have seen get the issue after the TC replacement were all early on, '16- mid '17. Mine was replaced in Nov '17 and with 3K+ the issue hasn't returned. I bet they were still using bad fluid which nuked the replacement TCs in those few cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
No. Al says they fixed it March of 17, the SI document states EOP (end of production) That includes all RPO's I previously posted. More than a few months of overlap.
There was a thread not long ago with a large number of MY18 owners and not one had the shudder issue with various mileage. That can't be said for MY16 or MY17 which you could easily find a lot of SS owners with the shudder.

As for the slip values, it's not hard to see how an additive designed to stop shudder that was insufficient would be the root cause. Disabling the slip tables was the band-aid, because all you were doing was removing the reason for the additive to exist in the first place. No conspiracy theories needed. Now the reasons/benefits of the slip tables is another story, but think we can leave that to another thread.

I for one and glad Al and team took the time to answer this one. It gives me greater confidence in the repairs to mine. But like someone mentioned about used A8 cars, definitely a good reason for concern if buying one out of warranty or close to it.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote