Thread: vs 2018 Mustang
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 04:19 PM   #605
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
The Mustangs have always had a pretty damn good exhaust sound, even for a factory setup. That's really one of my favorite things about the Mustang period. I just could never understand the decision by GM to neuter the sounds on the Camaro.

I too, also love the rear setup on the Mustang. It looks aggressive, unlike the Malibu-inspired rearend we have. It's not like it's super terrible, but man...it's just not as good as the 5th gen rear even...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan268 View Post
I agree with the sound. If I had to pick I would take the dual exhaust employed in the 18 Mustang over the Camaro. It sounds like the system is louder overall.
They sound good when stock. But the drone when you put an aftermarket system on is horrible. I mean unbearable. I did the MBRP Race system on mine and it droned like crazy. I mean, headache levels. And it was a common problem among all the aftermarket exhaust systems. A buddy of mine did an axle-back and then threw the Ford Racing X-pipe on and it was soo bad that he took the X-pipe back off. LOL!! Those engines just drone. And it is especially bad at highway speeds because that is the RPM range where the drone is most pronounced.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote