Thread: Exhaust Cost
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 10:14 PM   #42
My First Camaro!

Drives: '18 5.7 RAM 1500 18' 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
You're still not comparing similar products. The 3" system from Borla is for "high power" applications. Similar 3" systems from Borla are different by about $200.
Here’s the relevant quote from lisa@borla from my post above:

Borla 140356:
catback
2.5"
304 stainless steel
No AFM
No NPP
dual tip
$1250

Borla 11923 + 60607:
catback
2.75"
304 stainless steel
No AFM
No NPP
dual tip
$1366

Similar enough? Good.

Again, it's not the exhaust company's fault that GM decided to use a one piece catback system.

You're absolutely right though. There are no 6th gen 3" T304 catbacks for <$1200.

But to say many of them are close to double the cost is straight up lying. The biggest disparity I see on Juiced's site is maybe the Corsa at $600 more vs the 5th gen system. That's not double the cost though.

Maybe math isn't your strong suit. Nor your shopping skills: posting/comparing MSRPs, not looking for codes, not looking for a good vendor. I wouldn't buy an exhaust used personally. There's lots of good vendors here, support them. I've mentioned Juiced Motorsports a lot, that's where I got my exhaust. RDP is good, Phasetek is good.
Again, your missing the point. Finding a deal is a separate issue from the base price to base price.

On a side note my shopping skills would beat on you like a rented SS but that is not the point.