View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 11:01 AM   #11
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
I agree with you. I think people run too much timing. If these heads and pistons are so much more efficient and all the analysis done on the combustion chamber then it seems like we are loosing power from all this timing. I don't have any evidence to back this up though since I don't have a dyno available.

E85 is another story since I can't find much scientific literature on the subject. Looking at the factory tunes for the flex fuel engines makes it even more confusing since some of the tunes for different engines don't seem to agree.
These cars command 24 degrees stock...often 22 is all you get from the overly sensitive knock sensors. Guys like Pray that have several bolt-on cars running 10.7's @ 127mph have done their homework. I am running 24-25 on 93 and 28-30degrees on E85 because it was recommended by him. If it wasn't for the proper tuning I would probably only see 22 on pump and 26 on E from the overly sensitive knock sensors. I do my own tuning but I also paid for a reference tune to learn off of, so I had an idea where to start. Your in for a long road with no reference to learn from because not many out there are sharing info on the Gen5 engines. Knowledge comes at a cost on these platforms.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote