View Single Post
Old 05-15-2021, 02:59 PM   #761
Swiss David

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX-10R View Post
I wonder if part of the problem is owners getting on the throttle too early before the oil is warmed up. This has been a contributor to problems on several other (M and P) cars.

When I see idiots jump in their car and floor it out of the driveway/parking lot I always cringe. Worst thing you can do for your engine.
I agree this can be a reason in some cases. Oil pressure is also higher during warm-up cycle. A recipe for disaster!!
My car has 110'000km on it and this is my first mechanical problem (except for the shudder issue which was fixed with the triple flush).
I also noticed that very few SS models are having the problem. I believe the increased pressures with a supercharger are the determining factor - mine has the Magnuson 2300.
Just last week, my mechanic dropped the pan, installed the Katech pump (blue label). It's great to see oil pressure at around 33 psi again at idle. However, now I find oil pressure increases very rapidly and maybe too much - not sure... I was testing the car out today and oil pressure climbed to 73psi at 4500rpm. I sent Katech some logs and they indicate all is normal. I wonder if anybody else is getting higher than normal oil pressure with the Katech blue label (oem version)??
Swiss David is offline   Reply With Quote