View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 07:53 AM   #6
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOYD3800SII View Post
Yes they are a very small restriction but the car definitely picks up power through all rpm ranges and down low too. I think I will go to the local dyno shop and see what the car is actually doing. maybe I can do a before and after run... if anyone can suggest a tuner with HPT then please let me know. I am willing to pay for it as well as it is valid.
Yea id have to see some dyno sheets or time slips to believe that. Over two decades of independent tests on those things that have shown nothing if not a loss in actual power....

Its like people claimed throttle controllers made the car quicker, and i dont doubt it changed the feel, but they havent added power on a dyno, nor have any 0-60s become any quicker.

Most of my tests have been done via time slips. Tryong something and seeing times consistently drop a few tenths. Then you know.

With all due respect, For those of us that have done testing on cars, kenny hit the nail on the head... most know you arent gonna gain 25 whp with the basic additions you added. Restrictions usually reduce power, or in the least stiffle off your top end. As said thats why we seek to get rid of em

Will be waiting to see what your before and afters show.

For tuner, as kenny has mentioned will at overkill, is a v6 go to with lgx experience. Ive talked to steve at rdp as well a while ago.

Applaud the efforts. Gluck with your goals.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant

Last edited by PolynesianPowerhouse; 06-25-2018 at 08:17 AM.
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote