View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 08:01 AM   #33
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
The bailout just 10 years ago separated the good and the bad from the new GM. The new GM only had the good and no taxes to pay the Fed for years and years. This set up any CEO placed in the role to look good for quite a few years. I bet if Ford knew what they now know after seeing the GM bailout, in retrospect they would have done the same. I don’t have anything against her but honestly think many folks I worked with over the years could be put in the same position and the outcome would be the same. Take her away and GM keeps going. Take Musk away from Tesla and it would suffer instantly.
Exactly. GM got a clean slate after the bankruptcy/bailout. It's as if the bad stuff/negative equity/red ink never happened. They went from not being able to pay the utilities to keep the lights on at the factories to completely in the clear, almost overnight.

What do you do when you're the administration that takes care of that for you? You put in place someone who does exactly what you say.

Everyone comes out smelling like roses and the future is under the directives of that administration.

They could have put my 26 year old pot smoking nephew who does nothing but eat Recces peanut butter cups and watch reruns of The Office in at CEO and they'd be showing massive profits for the last 10 years. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

It would have sucked if GM went under, I'm not questioning the fact that they'd have taken much of the American and world economy with them if they tanked. But the results of government control are rearing their ugly heads now. Bara is a pawn.