View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 10:36 AM   #20
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSTAG8R View Post
I am going to figure out what is wrong with those DRL. Now that I know what the black box is I will probe the wires at the DRL/bulb connection for voltage.

I will check out the other technical topics for front end connectors/plugs and maybe there is a separate part of the wiring harness that lead down to the DRL that the previous owner may have unplugged and hopefully not cut.
On your car, the only way to turn on the DRL's (from the factory, unmodified) is to have the car on with the lights in Auto. If you have a manual vs automatic the procedures that turn them on are a bit different. For instance in the manual the DRLs will turn on with the car running, but then turn off when you apply the parking brake. Automatics will turn off in Park, not sure if the parking brake adjusts it. So have someone hold the brakes in the car with it running in neutral to verify the lights don't work before going any further.

But looks like the problem is most likely to due to modifications malfunctioning, which is a whole different can of worms!
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote