View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 10:51 PM   #20
JeffFox

Drives: 2018 2SS Coupe A8
Good post

Quote:
Originally Posted by full*throttle*therapy View Post
The car has a seat belt "ratchet" feature, doesn't this take the place of cg-lock type device? Am I missing something?

Seat Belts
Lap-Shoulder Belt
On coupe models, the driver seat belt has an Automatic Locking Retractor (ALR). This feature is useful in performance driving scenarios where the driver wants to be held in the seat more tightly to take advantage of the aggressive bolstering of the seat.
To use:
1. Move the seat 8–10 cm (3–4 in) rearward from the normal driving position.
2. Pull the driver shoulder belt out as far as it will go, until it stops, to set the lock. While holding the shoulder belt in this position, buckle the belt. When you release the shoulder belt, the retractor will make a ratchet sound when it retracts. When the retractor lock is set, the belt can be tightened but not pulled out of the retractor.
3. Adjust the belt close to body, and then move the seat forward 8–10 cm (3–4 in) to the desired driving position. This will hold the belt to your body even tighter. The belt fit should be tight, but not uncomfortable. To unlatch the belt, press the button on the buckle. The belt should return to its stowed position
2 things:

1)I drive with the seat nearly all the way back

2)not available in passenger seat

I do appreciate the post and plan to give it a try. Thanks for the share!
JeffFox is offline   Reply With Quote