View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 07:36 AM   #29
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
You're*

If you're going to try and insult someone, at least use elementary taught grammar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
OMG another I've been around longer then you in this industry snowflake. Why don't you go back to eating the paint chips from your childhood if your so old and knowledgeable because nobody likes you. Literally they hate me but know i try to help keep people from making terrible mistakes your just a dumb little shit looking for attention.
Matt, you missed an additional grammar error. If you are going to correct people, make sure you do a thorough job.

I am someone who knows little about actual tuning, etc., but this seems to be a lot safer than an actual tune. Wes stated that they run these chips to operate below the breaking point of the engine. Tuners, especially local ones, cannot guarantee that their parameters won't break your engine unless they purposefully screw you over to be safe *cough*. This is a "specific market" product. People who want an actual tune are not interested in this product. This is a perfect product for people who want a little bit more performance (whether "faked" or actual) without risking a voided warranty or breaking the engine.

Do I think it seems overpriced? Yeah, probably.
Am I a targeted consumer for this product? No.

If this company was out to scam people, they would have just said "**** it," and released the chip when they first made it. They seem to have done a legitimate amount of research.

The vibe that I get from Wes is that this product is intentionally safe. It is intentionally non-intrusive to the ECU. It is for a specific consumer. It is a viable, researched, safe alternative for someone who wants a little more punch without going through the hoops of tuning. If I was not pursuing performance the way I currently am, and wasn't drag racing or tracking my car, I would hop all over this. This is a great alternative (the only real alternative) to tuning the LTG. Also, the plastic and circuit board may cost $10, but they are selling their "performance chip." HP Tuners charges $300 for their MPVI2 with no credits. The plastic probably costs $15, but you get access to your car's ECU and almost endless additional accessibility. No one complains about them...

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote