View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 03:15 PM   #3547
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Yes my following statement from above was very hateful.

"The ZL1 A10 is the star of the lineup, it offers it's owners fantastic all around performance, street, strip, and track without abusing the driver all with an even lower price than the ZLE, this is the car to compare to the Base 500."
The ZLE from the start was not meant to be for DD use. GM stated that many times. Magazine writers re-emphasized it many times. And some owners also verified it. However there are some of us who are used to stiff suspensions from DDing older cars that had modded suspensions. So some of us are not bothered by it. However the ZL1 should take on the GT500 because it would not be a fair fight if the ZLE stepped in. Reason being is that the ZLE will destroy the Base GT500 without much effort. Even the ZL1 will beat it. The only hope lies in the CF GT500. If any car is going to beat the ZL1 OR ZLE around a track, then that will be the CF version if it can.

Dollar vs dollar or trim vs trim there is nothing Ford has to compete with the Camaro lineup. That is how I feel. Even if you look at it dollar per dollar the most expensive Camaro is still buttloads cheaper than the cheapest GT500 and we know how that will play out. The only car capable of beating them costs $95 THOUSAND dollars. And even if you put the C8 up against the Ford lineup by dollar the Base C8 would be going up against the GT350 (non-R) and the Shelby is still more expensive and won't stand a chance. Same with the GT350R if it went against the C8 Z51. So really it isn't even a competition anymore dollar per dollar. Same thing trim per trim. Ford simply cannot win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
And let's not forget he keeps trying to compare the ZL1(E) to the GT500 in 1/4 mile times. Everybody knows the GT500 has to beat BOTH the Demon/RedEye in the 1/4 AND the ZLE on a road course convincingly (not a close shave). Which I think is possible. Those are the matchups. Anything else than a double victory is a failure. Especially given the time it took to come out, and the MSRP, let alone AMDs.
I'm gonna have to disagree on the GT500 beating the ZL1 in the quarter mile. I do not think that is a given. I would like to see what happens and I do think the GT500 will have the advantage. But if I know one thing its that these 700+ HP cars are very difficult to launch. And if they are not equipped with the right tire then they end up being mid to high 11 sec cars like the Hellcat was for the first 2-3 years of it's life without DRs. The GT500 might be in that same boat. Or it might do a low 11. In any case I do think the ZL1 might have a chance to beat it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
If it was only just the Camaro faithful posting here were would the fun in that be, and this thread would not have over 3500 posts. I guess I could go back to the Oldsmobile forums but they don't have the number of people or any information on how GM in moving forward.
That isn't what this is about. It is about newmoon's negative arrogant insulting behavior lately. He used to offer some really good points and counterpoints. And it used to be enjoyable reading his replies. He even once messaged me when I was upset about something. But for some reason these past few months he has been doing nothing but insulting the Camaro and repeating the same statements over and over again. Shaffe, on the other hand, prefers the Mustang but he at least offers valuable constructive criticism and very enjoyable debates. So I'm not sure what is going on with newmoon but something is wrong. He is starting to behave like Ethanolic and that ain't cool. Whatever the case is I hope he goes back to his old self.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote