View Single Post
Old 08-21-2023, 05:51 PM   #135
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
This past weekend I installed a new 1LE emblem on the passenger side fender that was replaced after my accident in March. I wanted to wait a few weeks after getting the car back from the body for the paint to cure first. At least the car looks more symmetrical now. I've still got install the new hash mark on the passenger side too. Maybe I can get to it this weekend.

I also repaired my front wheel that was damaged in the accident. Insurance paid for a new wheel and tire, so now I have a spare. I got a quote from a wheel repair company to fix the wheel, but decided to fix it myself based on the cost of $125. I already had some touch up paint. However, once I prepped the wheel I tried the touch up paint using the small brush that came with it and didn't like the way it turned out. So I sanded it off and purchased an aresol can of paint from a local auto parts store. The spray paint turned out much better. I also had a can of clearcoat that I used to spray over the paint. I've painted some auto parts before. I think it turned out pretty good. The first two pictures are before and the second is after.

Name:  20230809_075902.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  180.6 KB
Attached Images

2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
ZPirate is offline   Reply With Quote