View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 09:35 PM   #25
rootus

Drives: 2018 HBM SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sam View Post
Installed my winter wheels and tires (pics later). Expected a code and TPMS warning --- nothing! Didn't reprogram yet but I expected the car to recognize that the original TPMS were gone. Nope.
It takes a few miles. Mine didn't pick up on the missing TPMS for about 10 miles. I already had the programmer but it takes a 9V battery which I forgot to buy and I don't keep those laying around. Once I got the battery, it was all of 30 seconds to reprogram. Hold down the Sel button on the tire pressure screen until the message pops up, then start with the front left tire and push the button until the car honks, and do the rest in clockwise order. Easy peasy.

Quote:
Any recommendations as to a reprogrammer?
The cheapest EL-50448 you can find on Amazon. They get rebranded under different names, but as long as it says EL-50448 you're good.

Here's a pic with my new winter wheels installed, along with some little joker who couldn't let me take a picture of the car without him jumping in front . Wheels are MRR 017 20x10 all around with Conti DWS06 285/30.
Attached Images

rootus is offline   Reply With Quote