View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 09:58 AM   #81
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
From Al..

I would like to share this post with everyone from Camaro Nation, as well as all of my friends and family. It has truly been very humbling to see the outpouring of well wishes and thanks from everyone on my announcement. I have always considered myself a lucky and blessed man to have been able to do what I have done for General Motors. Many of you know I have always been a Camaro guy, way back to my first car, my '70 1/2. Many of you have heard my story of being in the very room in March 2005, when our leadership decided it was time to bring the Camaro back as a concept car at the 2006 NAIAS. I was in charge of concept vehicles at that time, and we built the legendary running concept car. Since that moment, I have always tried to guide our amazing team to remember what Pete Estes said when they announced the new Camaro back in 1966 "The real mission of the Camaro is to be a close companion to its owner, tailored to reflect his or her individual tastes, and at the same time provide exciting personal transportation". I believe our Camaro team has done that successfully with both the 5th Gen and 6th Gen Camaro. I have traveled literally around the world for this car, and have met so many wonderful Camaro owners, whom I refer to as my Camaro family, or Camaro Nation. You have all taken me and my team in for a closer look at what you have done with our car to personalize it, to make it your own. That is my favorite moment, when we have bonded as a Camaro family. This last week has definitely been an emotional one for me, with a lot of ups and downs. I will spend some time with you over a few laughs, a few tears, rest up over the holidays, but then I am going to come back in January in my new role, swinging harder than ever. As far as the Camaro? We aren't done yet. The best performance team in the business has more to show you, as you will see in the near future. The best thing you can do is continue to spread the word on what a great car it is, continue to grow Camaro Nation, and continue to support the Camaro team. With regard to my new role, I am honored and proud that I am part of GM's vision for the future, and my contributions are recognized as necessary to help get there, and forever grateful to our visionary leaders Mary Barra and Mark Reuss for my opportunities past and future. I'm proud to say #IworkforGM.