View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 09:20 AM   #76
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
LOL you guys are missing the point. It isn't whether or not you or I want an EV it's whether an ADAS level 4 or 5 vehicle needs to be an EV.

The market is changing. Fewer and fewer people want to buy, own and maintain something. More and more people use Uber and Lyft (I have yet to). And a huge part of the cost of Uber and Lyft is the driver.

Besides this is really more about change than it is about propulsion. We just like things to stay the same. I look at my LaCrosse. I get around 250 miles to before I have to stop and fill up. About the same range as a Bolt on a single charge. The newer electric vehicles can get an 80% recharge in about 15 minutes now. And that is getting better as is the range.

For everyone claiming "there is no infrastructure" you need to understand the demand isn't there yet. When it is it will almost correct itself over night as people will realize the profit potential of providing that service to the economy. That's how it works.

Besides I know people that are taking trips in their Teslas all the time. None seem horribly inconvenienced at the prospect of recharging on the road.

Just get ready. It's coming whether you like it or not. And like AO or not, he likely didn't get moved to EV programs as punishment. So one of two things:

a) Al was moved because they believe he can do more for future EV programs to influence the future profitability of the company.

b) There is no future for Camaro so let's move Al off the platform and on to something else and bring Mark in to mop up until the Camaro simply dies off.

And there is a subset to a) being the NG Camaro is such a game changer as an EV they moved Al to EV programs for that reason alone.