View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 08:33 AM   #50
HogmanZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogmanZL1 View Post
I've noticed this thread for a while now and was hoping it wouldnt happen to me. guess my luck ran out. Spirited drive through N. GA mountains yesterday. Monsoon like rain approaching so stopped to put the top up.

The sound that occurred on the passenger side was like a cracking/breaking sound and i quickly stopped raising the top. the damage was already done... the metal bar that slides the panel broke out of its channel, the panel was now jammed, and now im in the same club as everyone else.

With some careful help from a friend, we were able to slowly engage the panel (broken) and get the top up within minutes of the flood rains. Off to the dealer tomorrow. I went from never meeting my dealer 1.5 months ago, to being there every week now it seems. some scheduled maintenance, unfortunately others back to back warranty work.

Will update on the dealer fix and experience once completed.

In and out of the dealer this morning and FIXED in one hour. I was surprised and pleased. I thought they would have to order parts. Unfortunately this is common enough that they do keep these parts in stock.
HogmanZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote