View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 01:49 PM   #33
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invertalon View Post
I find the manual crowd the same or worse, TBH. Constantly read that it is somehow a "waste" of sorts to get an auto with such a car or something, how they couldn't stand to ever have an auto and the list goes on.

I can care less what other people prefer, but the fact people do get riled up by other people and their preferences and choices is always interesting. Like a weird flex to themselves for whatever reason, yet nobody cares.
Just like almost anything else I've found that on the internet they're just as bad as each other but in real life manual guys are low key and just say "it's a 6 speed" when asked (maybe with a smirk on their face from time to time).

Almost every Camaro, Mustang, and Corvette guy I've interacted with, when asked what trans they have usually tells you it's an auto followed by some sort of story/excuse (idk why it's their choice) about "how they love manuals, but their age, how much they daily drive in traffic, the wife, or something else" reluctantly pushed them towards an auto. Just say it's auto and own it, but many feel they have to defend or justify their trans choice.

..having said that I understand why they answer that way, but at the end of the day all these transmissions have their advantages and disadvantages so either way you can't really go too wrong.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote