View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 05:13 PM   #1
Lifetaken

Drives: 2018 SS Camaro 1LE
Transmission Fluid Change = Void Warranty?

Hey guys, I've done a bit of searching but can't seem to find anything concrete, and I don't have access to my manual ATM. The question is bugging me so instead of waiting I figured I'd ask here

I have a 2018 SS 1LE (4500 miles) and my 1-2 shifts were/are a bit rough in terms of being clunky/notchy. I read almost everywhere on all forums that changing the transmission fluid would make a world of difference in the smoothness of the transmission and make it shift "like butter". I decided to swap the stock fluid for some Royal Purple Synchromax which people swore by left and right.

Unfortunately for me, it didn't seem to make any difference in the problem with shifting from 1-2. I was able to put about 3.6L of fluid in (following GM instructions on fluid replacement), but perhaps I didn't put enough in? I am going to get it on a lift again ASAP and check. Aside from 1-2, all upshifts/downshifts in/out of the other gears are fine as they were before. Temps don't appear to rise above 110ish after spirited/hard driving.

Anyway, does changing the transmission fluid to RP Synchromax void the warranty for any transmission-related issues? I'd assume it does but I'm not sure. Perhaps it's dealer-dependent? At this point, if I can get it on a lift and confirm I put enough fluid in, I think the next stop will be the dealer.

In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter to me if it's under warranty or not, because I'd still like to get it fixed. I just would like to know if I am looking spending a couple grand on a repair before I take it in
Lifetaken is offline   Reply With Quote