View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 09:26 AM   #6701
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
You may be right, I am just making a guess on the limited evidence we have.

From what we have seen the base 500 is closer to the CFTP(which is good for the base or bad for the CFTP) than the ZL1 is to the ZLE.

Base 500 was what 3 seconds slower than the CFTP around VIR Full. The ZLE was almost 4 or 5 seconds faster than the ZL1 at the VIR layout used in LL. So if the CFTP is within spitting distance of the ZLE, the Base 500 in theory should be slightly head of the base ZL1 or right there with it
Damnit Robby beat me with the fact drop again down below. He's 100% right again, you have to look at the percentages when comparing tracks of different lengths. Also taking into account track complexity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Interesting comments about the tires on the ZLE. Have there been any ZL1s run with ZLE tires and compared?
Yeah quite a few guys over in the track section have. The G3Rs are very close to a Hoosier R7 slick, they are amazing tires. I have a set of used 285/35/20 G3Rs to try this year that i picked up for $100. Even running 285s vs 305s on the rear and the 35 sidewalls I expect them to be faster than the regular G3s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
A part of me really wants them to run and m6 and a10 ZLE for shits and gigs. At VIR the m6 seemed to hold it's own against the a10.
The autos aren't as big of an advantage on the track as they are at the strip, but amateur vs pro i think would show a bigger gap between auto and manual. Also consistency will favor the auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
This is true, but the VIR grand is quite a bit longer than the VIR Full configuration with quite a few more tight turns and curves. Kind of hard to compare the times given the fact that 3 seconds on a 2 minute track could easily be extrapolated to become 4 to 5 seconds on an almost 3 minute track.

On top of that the VIR Grand would probably favor the cftp's track specific handling goodies vs the base's with the extra maneuvering required vs the straighter higher speed VIR Full.
see above comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
Perfect Garage:
Base Gt500 - daily driver
ZLE - track car
Redeye - drag car
I'm spending more money than you and not considering any of these cars in my perfect garage, but I like the analogy for this comparison.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote