Old 01-03-2019, 08:09 PM   #1
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
DSX Tuning Aux pump help.

I have a MAP install, so the instructions for the power pickup are
"Route the wiring harness over towards the fuse box." OK check
"There is a ground in front of the fuse box" Ok check
basically install ground.. OK check
6)"Remove the nut on the fuse box positive post and add the remaining unpaired red terminal. Reinstall nut"

OK not check.
First I going to assume the "post' is the metal post under the red positive cap. Well it is BLIND.

So I take the entire black cover off exposing dunnno 6 total positive terminals.

I then can take the nut off holding the huge red wire from the battery and put this hot to the DSX controller on. This turns into the blind post extended past the cover into the red cap.

Well as soon as I unlock the car, the secondary fuel pump comes on. When the car is turned off the pump continues on for like dunno 3 to 5 minutes.

I can't tell but I don't know if the pump ever goes off when the engine is on??? I'm still on the factory MAP but all MAP connections are hooked up and the car runs fine.

My thinking is the hot has to be keyed hot. and don't know why the pump seems to be always on The kit is suppose to be like 3 to 5 PSI before on. I'll check the MAP connections in the morning and there is NO way I got hot and ground mixed up.

Any others that have done the install please chime in.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.

Last edited by oldman; 01-04-2019 at 10:53 AM.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote