View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 02:23 PM   #9113
17MaroSS

Drives: 17 2SS 6sp
changed engine and diff oils. took a smidge over 10 quarts (forgot to fill filter from under but did lube the o ring) of mobil one 5w 30 and about 1.5 quarts of GM recommended diff fluid. Also used new magnetic drain plugs for both from Dimple, which were INCREDIBLY MAGNETIC!!!

I saw slight indented damage (to the subframe aluminum??) caused by improper lifting done at ETD discount tire in Clifton, NJ from 2 weeks ago when I was there to have new ps4s tires put on. Needless to say, DO NOT GO THERE!!! I handed them a set of new lift pads I got from amazon and explained to them that the car should only be lifted using these and I made it absolutely clear that lifting the car from aluminum parts will cause damage. un freakin beleivable is all i have to say.

Anyway, the deep pitched grown at slow speeds is gone now that it has fresh diff fluid.

expecting to put it in hibernation soon :// picked up a 2020 impreza last week as a winter/daily. Yes, has literally 1/3 the hp as the SS, but man is it relaxing. so quiet so smooth i really like it
17MaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote