View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 12:33 PM   #57
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
A McLaren V8 is 3.8L. V8 engines are likely to remain, just a lot smaller and spinning a lot faster. And a lot more expensive. The other alternative is that they are smaller, spinning a bit faster, and supplemented by electric motors and/or electric superchargers. Nothing beats the torque of a V8 EXCEPT the torque of an electric motor. Or two.

I still chuckle at how many people don’t get this. I think you (shaffe)might remember the thread at M6G where someone pointed out that Mustang only needs 5.0L to do what Camaro needs 6.2L to do. I pointed out that the displacement is the size of the holes, not the size of the metal, and that the 5.0 covers approximately the same physical footprint as the 6.2 and that the 6.2L might actually weigh less (4 cams vs 1, additional belts and pulleys). Their response was...the 5.0 weighs about 10 lbs less. Either way, so much for the size discussion.
Now that they upgraded the Coyote with dual injection, and some other changes, I'd bet it's probably a bit heavier now too...
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote