View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 02:19 PM   #42
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Guess you mean when you are in track mode, not sport mode? In my car it flashed the competition mode screen for like a second, then brought up the PTM screen. Watch the screen carefully when you do that, maybe you just missed it, as it pops up and goes away really fast.

It seems you misunderstood me...as what I wrote was correct. Competition mode has two variances, depending on if you are in sport or track mode. Again, competition mode allows access to things like launch control and in sport mode it will change to a less aggressive stability control setting. In track, it still allows access to launch control, and PTM takes over the stability control part of it allowing the user to select how much, or how little "help" they want from it. In my car when I am in track mode, the competition mode screen pops up for like a split second before the PTM screen pops up to let you know you have that on as well...
The car has 3 distinct SYSTEMS that permit customization of DRIVER selected performance modes. The systems are:
1) Traction Control System
2) StabiliTrack
3) PTM

My OP focused not on the systems, but the modes a DRIVER can select and what they provide and as such I believe my OP to be still correct. So, speaking of what mode a driver can select:

1) One can turn everything off by pushing the TC for 5 secs, meaning no nannies of any kind.
2) One can also have all the nannies, but different performance calibrations for eLSD, suspension, steering and exhaust by just selecting Drive Mode such as Ice/Snow, Touring, Sport and Track BUT NOT CLICKING the TC button.
3) One can have Competitive Mode, which disables TC but maintains StabiliTrak plus full motor power ONLY from Sport Mode by double clicking on TC button. This mode is then confirmed by a dash display.
4) One can enter PTM, only from Track Mode, by double clicking the TC button. Indeed, the screen briefly blinks Competitive Mode, but that is quickly overridden by a PTM displaying 5 choices: Wet, Dry, Sport 1, 2 and Race. At this stage, you MUST select one of the 5 choices. These choices are detailed in the "table" posted on page 1 of this thread. As you can see,
1st 3 provide StabiliTrack, while the last 2 don't. ALL 5 provide Traction Control ,albeit this varies depending which PTM mode one picks.
HENCE: it is impossible to achieve a Competitive Mode while being in Track, such as it is available under Sport, as TC never turns off in PTM.

But, one can get there "manually". That means go to Sport Mode, double click TC to get in Competitive Mode (which provides: zero TC, StabiliTrak on, full motor power) THEN go to Infotainment SETTINGS and change Steering, Exhaust and Suspension settings to Track.

Sport Mode is the only place to get there from. That was my point as stated in my OP. Having said that, in Track Mode, one can press TC button ONCE vs TWICE and it will turn off TC (and not launch PTM). However, only TC light shows then vs StabiliTrak as well and the manual states both have to be on for one to be in Competitive Mode (such as in Sport). So I don't know what a single press of TC in Track does as it is not explained anywhere. It COULD be the same as the Sport's Competitive Mode plus all "manual" adjustments as stated above, or it could be different.
That's why as I have stated in a separate thread: the HP supplement sucks and we defo need something better!

Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote