View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 08:20 AM   #65
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ssrat View Post
Camaro is getting the LT5. They have to compete with Ford and Dodge which both have well north of 700 and even more horsepower. No brainer,
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
I sure hope so, and completely agree. It's the HP wars, and Camaro has been behind for years - first in 2013 with the Trinity GT500s, then the HC, and now the new GT500 will be at least 75 if not 100+ more HP than the ZL1.

Pull the gloves off already GM, give us the LT5 in the Camaro so I can buy one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatch View Post
I have been holding out, just incase the LT5 makes it ...just give us the LT5 already! (I highly doubt it makes it though)
While I think it would be awesome to see an LT5 Camaro I still don't think it will happen.

ZR1 Engine has in the past always remained exclusive to Corvette.

LS9 never made it into the Camaro when the HC and trinity came out.

GM has sat there and watched hellcat at 707, Hell cat move up to 717, RE go up to 797, Demon with 808 and upcoming GT500 with 700+ and so far nothing.

+ the fact they made such a big deal about heritage and how a track car should be NA blah blah blah the LT5 doesn't make sense for the Z/28.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote