View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 11:17 AM   #59
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
...and when the LT5 came out, we didn't know about a 900 - 1000 HP engine, but GM knows.

Point is that when the LT4 came out, some viewed it as the last V8 GM would have and Camaro wouldn't get it because it was for the C7 only. There wouldn't be a ZR1... because ...why would there be? The Z06 and ZR1 were combined.

Now, the same is being said about the LT5 but, apparently, there is a far more powerful engine being tested now.
True but that to me reinforces to me at least, that they still keep some things just for the Corvette. Basically a we can put the LT4 in the Camaro and CTS-V because we know we have an LT5 Corvette up our sleeves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
When Corvette moved to C7, the LS7 was left behind for the gen5 Z/28. That, IMO, was a turning point for Camaro

When the ZL1 got the LSA in 2012, the ZR1 lived on for model year 2012 and 2013. ...and there was a LSA.

Like it or not. GM has let Camaro be all it can be. The gen6 Camaro has been nothing short of impressive.

Will Camaro get the LT5? I do know that if Chevy wants to continue in this segment the bar has been raised by the Redeye and GT500 and Chevy performance is developing more powerful engines. 900-1000 HP?
I'll respectfully disagree, and we may just have to agree to disagree. Yes they have gone pretty much all out with the Camaro(A10 in ZLE, didnt see that one coming!) but regardless of what anyone says and like it or not Corvette is still king of the hill at GM performance.

LS7 didn't go to Camaro until Corvette was done with it. IF The Camaro gets the LT5 (which I doubt) I don't see that happening until the ZR-1 is gone. The ZR-1 engine has only ever gone in a Corvette, and I predict the LT5 will be the swan song for the C7 and stay exclusive to that.

IMO if they really said screw it no holds barred with the Camaro then IMO the LT5 should be available in the Camaro at the same time as the Corvette.

If they had nothing sitting there they could use I would get it 100% but when they have something they can use, and they don't that to me sends teh message that they still view Corvette as higher is all I am saying
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(

Last edited by shaffe; 03-13-2019 at 11:55 AM.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote