View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 08:38 AM   #16
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCamaro6 View Post
Yeah, I mistyped on that. I meant what you’re saying with it being 14.5 and boosting to 17.5 when 50% throttle. That’s why I mentioned the fscm boosting voltage with PE enrichment. My voltage sits at 12.5v and if it drops below it will command 14.4v and then taper down and complete this cycle again and again. If PE enrichment is activated, I have up to 15.5v per my tune parameter and car uses what it feels it needs for fuel flow/pressure. I’m serious with driving it for hours. 7am-2:30pm today and turned it off once. City, hwy, idling, traffic, you name it.

I also have two 3 core heat exchangers vs the oem style (they take up the same height & width roughly but much deeper) and a large expansion tank. Heat exchangers are run in series with the first one (top one) being much warmer than the second one (bottom one), we all know heat rises. My IAT’s come down extremely fast after the car is sitting idle producing tons of heat and normal driving IAT2 is about 10degrees over outside temp. IAT1 is close to outside temp or it matches IAT2 sometimes.

I also read of guys having a hard time starting their cars with headers due to heat soak on the starter. I have my cooling fan and intercooler pump run for a set time in the tune when the car goes off and ect is 190degrees or more. (180stat) Another reason why I like a fully charged battery, I have a 160 also and wondering if I would benefit from it or would the engine be too cold? Thoughts?

Keep up the good work I always read about on the forum.
Good deal.

I am not a fan of water tanks mounted in the engine compartment it just adds heat to the water you are trying to get rid of.

Yes we have experienced the same thing when customers refuse to take our advice and coat the headers.

I think a 160 is too cold in many instances other than pure drag racing but it was the only choice until recently JET now offers a 180.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote