View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 08:56 PM   #6
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
It is my hope and prayer that GM continues this genius moving forward. I am confident that GM will do it. It is always my fear that those complaints get taken too seriously. You and I talked about the concept of fuel economy and how everyone complains that they want better fuel economy when the truth is that they want range. GM needs to decide whether the perception of crappy paint is more important than the head-turning those hips do. The Camaro has to be bold. There's a reason Camaro5 has enthusiasts in Britain, Japan, Kuwait, Israel, and everywhere else in the world. It isn't for subtle European lines. It is for the bold, sharp lines of an American classic. It isn't for the sleek, stylish interior. It is for the unconventional wrapped console with retro-style gauges. It is the starkly contrasting features and designs that make the Camaro stand out. How many people have said the Challenger looks like a classic but "I'd rather drive a Camaro;" or the Mustang is pretty cool but "I'd rather drive a Camaro." The Camaro is bold. A tame Camaro that fits a million markets will not master any of them. Did Hyundai make their cars more "American" to sell here? Did Honda or Toyota make a real effort to make a car more "American," or did they just peddle their Japanese cars in our hometowns? Let's bring our unique brand of awesomeness to their shores and call it a Camaro.
AMEN